Recently updated on February 26th, 2023 at 05:35 pm
CRM, or customer relationship management software, is a well-known tool for sales teams. However, many businesses can benefit from effective CRM solutions.
In this article, we’ll discuss how non-profit CRM software can help non-profit organizations organize donor data, manage donor relationships, and much more. We’ll also share some CRM software solutions and review them based on their features, pricing, and pros and cons.
First, let’s find out more about Nonprofit CRM.
What is the Nonprofit CRM Software?
The purpose of any CRM tool is to build better relationships with customers or clients. It organizes data to streamline communication and work processes by helping businesses manage data, automate repetitive tasks, and generate reports to gain actionable insights.
Regarding nonprofits, a CRM is a constituent relationship management tool. CRM solutions include maintaining donor relationships, task automation, lead generation for potential donors, contact management, volunteer management, event planning, generating more funds, etc.
A nonprofit CRM solution can engage volunteers and support your fundraising efforts. We’ll list some of the features of nonprofit CRM software.
We’ll also list some of the best nonprofit CRM software solutions in the market, but first, let’s see which team members will benefit from the nonprofit CRM software.
Who Would Benefit from Nonprofit CRM Solution?
Although nonprofit organizations differ from businesses in their goals, the success of both relies heavily on sales and marketing. Businesses try to sell products and services, while nonprofits try to sell a cause.
So, they need sales and marketing teams to reach more clients or more donors, in the case of nonprofits.
Sales and marketing teams in nonprofit organizations will rely heavily on and benefit from nonprofit CRM features. They will use them for donor engagement and also in marketing and fundraising campaigns.
It’s important to note that some nonprofit CRM features make them beneficial to the whole organization and not just to the sales and marketing teams.
3 Main Features of CRM Software for Nonprofit Organizations and their Benefits
Key features of nonprofit CRM software are automation, peer-to-peer fundraising, program management, and campaign management.
Let’s cover some features so nonprofit organizations can learn more about nonprofit CRM and how nonprofit CRM solutions can help them achieve their goals.
Providing automation tools is a powerful feature in any CRM, and this feature is even more so in nonprofit CRM.
Automating tasks could include the software helping you create to-do lists, set automatic reminders, and send emails. Nonprofits could save hours automating tedious tasks like data tracking, creating donor groups, and identifying potential donors.
Automation could save a lot of time, especially for large organizations that manage and track many donors and works with many volunteers. Automating some of the tasks allows nonprofits to focus on more meaningful work.
Donor Data Management and Lead Generation
A system that includes all donor information is important because it keeps contact records with all contact details, helps organizations build relationships with major donors, and keep track of new donors.
In short, a nonprofit CRM will help you keep all your donor data in one place and help you find out about donor participation in your organization’s activities: campaign participation, event registration, etc.
Having your donor information in one tool can help you include the donors in any fundraising initiatives and when you raise funds campaigns. You can also include the donors in your email marketing campaigns or when you target them on social media platforms.
Through some CRM tools, you can create donor segments by location or their probability to donate to specific causes. You can start online fundraising through the donor database and target likely donors. The data from your CRM tool can help with event management.
Lead generation is another important feature of CRM tools that helps nonprofits, too. Peer-to-peer fundraising is one of the powerful ways CRM can help you generate leads, in addition to marketing automation and helping potential donors find out about your organization and the causes your organization supports.
Dashboard, Reports, and Analytics
Analytics tools are integral for nonprofit CRM. They are your guide. Data is pointless without knowing what to do with it.
CRMs offer reporting features and allow users to create custom reports that are relevant to the organization only and follow the organization’s requirements.
Analytics can offer insights about who to contact and which strategy helps you generate more donations.
12 Best Nonprofit CRM Software to Streamline Your Fundraising
- Donor Perfect
- Salsa Labs
- Charity Engine
In addition to being the most well-known CRM for many industries, Salesforce offers many solutions for nonprofits.
For example, Salesforce’s CRM success pack is essential for many nonprofits because it customizes Salesforce’s CRM to be suitable for nonprofits.
The nonprofit success pack follows an industry-standard data model to help organizations manage inbound grants and income streams.
- The nonprofit success pack’s features include fundraising, marketing, and program management.
- Over 70 clear and visualized reports that help in explaining performance.
- Managing recurring donations
- Constituent relationship management connects donors and volunteers.
- Automation, data intelligence, and real-time data.
- Many packages for organizations of all sizes
- Salesforce is expensive compared to other CRM solutions.
- It’s not user-friendly.
- No integrations with fundraising platforms.
- Quite complex, with lots of added features that could be time-consuming for smaller organizations.
Packages start at USD 1.80 per month, and packages can go up to USD 5000 per year.
Salesforce includes 10 free Sales & Service Cloud Enterprise Edition subscriptions for eligible nonprofits.
NeonCRM is an online software platform that caters to the needs of non-profit organizations. It provides tools to help manage donor and customer relationships, automate marketing campaigns, and keep track of finances. NeonCRM strives to provide an easy-to-use, streamlined interface that allows users to quickly and effectively manage their organization’s activities.
- The easy-to-use platform is explicitly designed for non-profit organizations.
- A comprehensive suite of tools to manage donor and customer relationships
- Automated marketing campaigns to reach a larger audience
- Keeps track of finances, such as donations and payments
- Highly customizable interface
- Limited customer support options
- It can be costly for large organizations
- Not as comprehensive as some of the other platforms
- It can be challenging to learn for new users
NeonCRM pricing is $99 monthly, giving you essential fundraising and donor management features.
Virtuous is an industry-specific CRM tool tailored to meet the needs of fundraisers. Virtuous nonprofit CRM software provides data insights to help with donor management.
It helps organizations understand donor behavior and make decisions accordingly through proper data management, insights, and dashboards with relevant information.
- Data insights and suggestions based on relevant data: social and demographic data like location mapping.
- Task and call automation.
- Easy email integration.
- Flexible dashboards with 360 donor views.
- Virtuous comes with payment processing with views of online and offline donations.
- Donor portfolios to track donor behavior and activity.
- Virtuous also provides a query and report builder.
- Virtuous has a user-friendly interface.
- No integrations with other tools.
- Virtuous CRM is an expensive tool.
- Scheduled reporting unavailable.
Packages start at $400 per month for smaller businesses, and they also provide customized pricing for enterprises depending on features and needs.
Donor Perfect is also an industry-specific CRM with many features that support nonprofit organizations.
Those features are integrations with popular applications and payment processing. Their mission is to help organizations raise money, grow their community, and save time.
Donor Perfect offers online fundraising, automated workflows, donor communications, and fundraising events.
- Integrations with popular applications and services like payment processing and website management.
- Automatic processing of payments and donor data.
- Nonprofit marketing tools to engage donors and the management of fundraising events.
- Convenient reporting solutions with data insights.
- Automation to help complete tasks, streamline the process, and send alerts to improve work processes.
- Easy-to-use online donation forms.
- Quickbooks integration.
- Reporting is quite complicated
- No customized reporting.
- Need integrations with more tools.
- The software search engine needs improvements.
- Donor Perfect is not intuitive.
Packages start at $99 per month and can reach $799 monthly for enterprises.
CiviCRM is an open-source tool that serves nonprofit organizations and the civic sector. The software is customizable and web-based.
Open-source means that CiviCRM is free for use, modifications, and improvements. CiviCRM is available for all organizations of any budget and of any size. CiviCRM is used by more than 11000 non-profits.
CiviCRM helps organizations centralize constituent communication, manage donors, and integrate with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and Backdrop.
- Open-source CRM that anyone can use for free and also modify.
- CiviCRM is fully customizable.
- 40 standard reports and customizable reports.
- Donors can raise funds for your organization (peer-to-peer fundraising)
- Easily build advocacy campaigns with CiviCRM.
- Contact, case, membership, and contribution management.
- Easily manage events with CiviCRM.
- Email marketing, bulk mailing with A/B testing and statistics.
- Accounting integration.
- Not user-friendly, with a steep learning curve.
- The software is a bit outdated.
- It’s difficult to import large amounts of data with CiviCRM.
- It does not integrate with Quickbooks.
- Not easy to upgrade.
CiviCRM is completely free. You can support CiviCRM through donations.
Kindful is another CRM tailored to fundraising and donor management. In addition to donor management, Kindful helps nonprofits engage donors.
You can check donors’ contact information, activity, latest transactions, and when you last contacted them.
Through Kindful, organizations can also track online and offline donations.
- Integrating with Quickbooks and other apps and software.
- Kindful gets rid of duplicate donor data.
- Unlimited admin users and a self-import tool.
- Donors can also have accounts where they can see their donations history and update their credit card information.
- Easily manage tasks by creating due dates and reminders.
- Integrations with other platforms are limited.
- Quite expensive for small nonprofits.
- It’s not easy to export and customize reports.
Kindful pricing starts at $119 per month, billed annually for 1000 contacts, and reaches $699 per month, billed annually for more than 60K.
For more than 60K contacts, organizations can request a quote.
Monday offers solutions to many industries, so it’s not industry-specific to nonprofits. However, Monday provides features and solutions that help nonprofits meet their fundraising goals.
In addition to volunteer management, automation, and centralized communication efforts, Monday offers discounts to eligible organizations to help nonprofits benefit from their solutions and save money.
- Easy onboarding and user-friendly tool.
- The ability to track and measure nonprofit efforts.
- Data collection and analysis and customizable forms.
- Integrations with numerous tools like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom, Excel, and Stripe.
- Storage of donor documents, donor profiles, and segmented donor groups (grouping by demographic data)
- Launch fundraising campaigns and gain insights and engage volunteers.
- Manage day-to-day operations through project management tools.
- Features also include event planning and marketing campaigns.
- Messaging features are limited to users per project and not for all internal staff.
- Document collaboration is a bit limited and needs improvement.
Some organizations are eligible for 70% discounts and with up to 10 seats for free. You can apply and check for discount eligibility.
For more than ten seats, Monday costs €172, billed annually. Price varies according to the number of seats (team size).
Bloomerang is a CRM built especially for nonprofits where organizations can manage volunteers, donors, sponsors, and more, resulting in high revenue.
This tool helps organizations focus on their mission and save time organizations spend on administrative and repetitive tasks.
Bloomerang maintains a donor database to help you connect with your donors and understand their behavior. The software also offers insights about ways to improve your fundraising efforts.
- Bloomerang provides an interactive dashboard to help you monitor incoming donations, retention rate, and campaign success.
- Tools to check the donation history of each donor to provide generosity scores and whether a donor could donate more.
- Data segmentation to help you deliver targeted communication.
- Powerful integrations with QuickBooks, slack, PayPal, Mailchimp, Shopify, and more.
- Manage fundraising events, volunteers, and track members.
- No Facebook or Instagram integration.
- No user accounts for donors.
- Bloomerang could improve user permissions to offer limited access to some users.
- Reporting needs improvements.
Bloomerang packages start at $119 monthly, are billed annually, and offer unlimited users and online donation pages.
You also get iOS and Android mobile apps, donor engagement scores, and email marketing. You get phone support for an additional $35 per month.
Salsa is an innovative tool that helps nonprofits make the most of technology and solutions.
Salsa combines CRM with nonprofit engagement software with machine learning and best practices to help organizations reach their goals.
Their services include nonprofit donor management, fundraising, advocacy, marketing automation, and direct mail.
- Detailed donor profiles with dashboards to help you track information about donations and include relevant donor information to generate insights.
- Offers a machine learning tool that calculates optimal ask amounts of donors.
- 360-degree view of fundraising campaigns.
- Customizable reports and dashboards with actionable insights.
- Digital marketing tools like the visual email designer with built-in templates and social media management tools.
- Online fundraising with integrated payment processing.
- Advocacy campaign integrations.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising and targeted donor communications.
- Integration of the software was a bit difficult.
- Not user-friendly and is hard to learn.
Salsa doesn’t list the pricing on the website. You can request a quote based on the needs of your nonprofit organization.
Blackbaud offers a nonprofit software solution to add to the list of the most useful nonprofit CRMs you could check to track donations and manage donor and volunteer relationships.
Blackbaud is a comprehensive solution for nonprofits like fundraising and engagement solutions, targeting potential donors through donor and prospect reach, marketing campaigns management and websites, plus financial management.
Blackbaud is a cloud-based system that helps nonprofits provide excellent services to the community through an advanced tool that gets the job done.
- Blackbaud offers analytics and data-driven insights to help you make better decisions.
- Marketing solutions like integrated websites and automated emails help you reach new donors and supporters.
- Blackbaud helps organizations streamline their fundraising by consolidating everything from insights to communications into one CRM tool.
- Accounting software tailored to nonprofits.
- Hard to integrate with other CRM tools.
- Not user-friendly
- Complex implementation process
- A bit expensive for smaller organizations, according to some users
Pricing is tailored to each organization’s needs and is not on the website. You can request a quote from Blackbaud.
Charity Engine serves organizations of all sizes, whether small, medium-sized or large nonprofits. Charity Engine’s CRM keeps hir donor data and all organization’s activity in one place.
Staying connected with all donors and managing their data through a powerful CRM helps organizations raise more money and increase their impact.
Built with nonprofits in mind, Charity Engine will help your organization automate tasks and maximize engagement.
- Email marketing automation, membership management, payment processing, analytics, and online forms are core features of Charity Engine.
- Charity Engine can be customized to include advocacy campaigns, E-commerce, peer-to-peer fundraising, and events.
- Easily export and import data by automating data transformations.
- Some of the popular Charity Engine Integrations are FedEx, Google, Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server, PayPal, and QuickBooks.
- The user interface needs improvement.
- You can’t build reports easily with Charity Engine.
Charity Engine’s standard package ranges from $350 to $700 monthly.
The number of contacts for this package is up to 25000. The number of emails is up to 100000 per month.
MemberClicks is a comprehensive, cloud-based system for small and mid-sized organizations. MemberClicks CRM helps organizations streamline operations, increase efficiency, and improve customer engagement by offering robust features and integrations.
- Easy to use, user-friendly, and can be used with minimal training.
- It includes many features, from database management to analytics.
- MemberClicks is an affordable solution for small and mid-sized businesses.
- It can integrate with other services, making it easy to get the most out of your existing tools.
- It is designed for small and mid-sized businesses and doesn’t offer as much customization as other CRM platforms.
- It doesn’t offer artificial intelligence or machine learning capabilities.
- The solution is designed for small and mid-sized businesses and needs more scalability of more expensive enterprise-level CRM platforms.
The minimum cost for MemberClicks is $3,000, but you can request a quote to get a price for your specific requirements.
FAQs about CRM for Nonprofit
What is the best CRM for nonprofits?
It depends on the organization’s size, budget, and requirements. The best CRM tool is the one that solves your problems.
What are some of the features to look for in nonprofit CRMs?
A powerful CRM tool will offer powerful integrations with tools you use, will offer customized reporting, donor management, and a 360-view dashboard to keep track of all data.
How much does nonprofit CRM software cost?
Nonprofit CRM software costs can vary depending on the features and capabilities of the software. Some options may be free, while others cost several hundred dollars monthly.
Is there any free nonprofit CRM software?
Some free CRM software options are available, but they may have limited features and capabilities compared to paid options.
Is Salesforce really free for nonprofits?
Salesforce offers 10 free subscriptions to sales and service cloud for eligible nonprofits.
For more additional features and services, you pay for Salesforce nonprofit CRM.
Why does a nonprofit need a CRM?
Nonprofits need CRM to manage donor data, create better relationships with donors, manage fundraising campaigns, and gain insights into what works to reach their goals.
Can nonprofit CRM software integrate with other tools and platforms?
Many nonprofit CRM software options integrate with other tools, such as email marketing platforms, social media, and accounting software.
CRM tools can help organizations raise donations, organize fundraising campaigns, track donations, and engage and target potential donors to reach their goals.
Some software solutions come with amazing features and solutions like automation, processing payments, donation pages, and marketing automation tools that can help nonprofits.
This article has discussed how powerful nonprofit CRM software can help organizations reach their goals and shared some solutions with their pros, cons, and pricing to help you choose the best option for your nonprofit.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources:
- How Much Does CRM Software Cost?
- Your Guide to the Best Recruitment CRM Software
- Best CRM for hotels & hospitality CRM software
- The Ultimate Guide to Restaurant CRM Software
- Best CRM for Virtual Assistants
- Your Guide to the Best Mortgage CRM Software
- A Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Best Insurance CRM Software